Posted on April 26th, 2010 by MovingCost
A large mattress can be one of the most difficult items in your house to move. Mattresses are heavy and bulky, but also floppy. This can make them hard to handle when moving. Also, a mattress requires special care when moving to ensure that it doesn’t get ripped or stained. This guide will help you move your mattress properly!
- First, remove all the bedding from the mattress.
- If you have a bed frame, move the mattress and box springs to the side so that you can disassemble the bed frame without the mattress getting in the way.
- Next, finish preparing the mattress for the move. Wrap it in a canvas mattress bag or a mattress pad from your moving company. Use tape to secure the mattress pad to the mattress, but don’t tape anything directly to the mattress itself. Instead, wrap the tape around the mattress pad to secure it to the mattress.
- If possible, put the mattress into a mattress box for extra protection. Your moving company should have one.
- To move the mattress, you’ll need two people. Decide how you’re going to get the mattress out of house.
- Lift the mattress up off the ground and flip it onto its side. Then, move it carefully, with one person holding each end.
- Don’t bend or fold the mattress!!
This entry was posted on Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 1:49 pm and is filed under Learning Center. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
3 Responses to “How To Properly Move a Mattress”
Leave a Reply